I don’t know how to start this, so here I am, typing away. What I want to talk about is bookstagram (aka the book accounts on Instagram). I love it. I love the community that it has become.
But there’s one thing…
There’s always one thing..
I feel like there’s so much competition to either:
- Have the best bookcase or most filled bookcases.
- Read all the recent releases even if you don’t care for that genre much.
- Enter in every single giveaway you can find.
- Read classics and enjoy them.
- Take the more gorgeously stylized photos.
But that’s just my take on it, from only being involved with the community for a month roughly!
But there are some things I want to say.
While bookstagram has given me some serious book envy, it has also made me realize that there are way more publishers than I ever imagined and even more endless choices of books than I knew about.
Also, I realized even more that the library is my friend and that holding/reserving books is a girls best friend.
What do you guys think about the bookish community?
Thanks for reading,